Round Prairie Park is located nine miles southeast of Fairfield on Glasgow Road and two miles south on Tamarack Ave.
Camping is available year around.
The historic Cedar #6 Peachblossom schoolhouse was moved here.
Round Prairie Park
Round Prairie Park is located nine miles southeast of Fairfield on Glasgow Road and two miles south on Tamarack Ave. The park was purchased in 1974 with 50% matching LAWCON funds.
It was the first park developed by the Jefferson County Conservation Board. Round Prairie Park is a mixture of timber, abandoned cropland and pasture. An old lime-stone quarry is also on the site.
Extensive work has been done in the area to restore the native grasses and forbs. More details. Cedar Creek borders the park on the south and a canoe access is available.
Round Prairie Park has a 12 unit camp-ground equipped with electricity and drinking water, a shelter house, restrooms, playground equipment and two fishing ponds stocked with bass, catfish, and bluegills.
Round Prairie Park is also the resting place of the Cedar Township District No. 6 Peachblossom School. Built in 1915, the school was moved from "Wooster Corner" on the Glasgow Road to Round Prairie Park in 1978. The building has the original desks and slate boards. It has been used for weddings and family reunions and is also utilized by the Fairfield School District for field trips.
Take a look at more Round Prairie Park photos.